Move out of your own way!
Take the step and hit enter to join our waitlist.
- Feeling stuck with no options
- Thinking they were underachieving
- Hoping for a promotion, but not knowing how to get it
- Having no idea what the next big idea would be
- Feeling limited in attaining goals
- Feeling overweight and unfit
- Expressing anger or depression more often than normal
- Being broke
- Feeling that happiness was for everyone but them
- Lonely and not doing anything about it
- Complaining about all the things but the right things
- Angry with the world and blaming everyone
- Not sure what the next move should be
Why I started this program.
I bet you think Move Out of Your Own Way can’t help you.
Early in my journey, I met and grew with some amazing coaches, authors and speakers. We shared tips and tools that helped us all get to the next level. One chief principle in Move Out of Your Own Way is having your board of directors. You must know that you need people who are doing what you are doing to share and pour into innovative ideas.
I was blessed to be accepted into the all boys’ club, and I made sure I put on my big girl shoes and ran with the best. The lesson will never change, though. If you want to be the best, you must surround yourself with the best. Never Bark Alone. There is no way in the world to be a successful coach, author and speaker without learning from other successful coaches, authors and speakers.
It’s like an alien landing in Atlanta in the middle of the summer wearing a mink coat. If you don’t know about weather, and no one teaches you… you will pass out! You must learn the best practices and be willing to share. You must move out of your own way!
I was blessed to have brothers who supported me with a reciprocal bond of love and respect. I have been profoundly influenced by Tony Magee, author of Can’t Shove a Great Life into a Small Dream. He literally helped me write my Move Out of Your Own Way keynote and workshop. I am also thankful for Jonathan Sprinkles and the Transition Man Johnny Campbell. What I learned with them helped grow the reach of Move Out of Your Own Way far beyond what I would have ever managed.
I have traveled, traveled, traveled, and spoken with thousands to share this little book of knowledge, doing what Tony taught me—point, story, activity. Before I met Tony, I was a professor so I thought people wanted a lecture like my students at my university. People want to be involved, and they want to see how you overcame the pain you share in your book.
My Clients include:
- Army Management Staff (Personnel Management for Executives)
- Atlanta Commission on Women
- Atlanta Diversity Managers (ADMAG)
- Atlanta Happs
- Black MBA Symposium
- Blacks in Government Conference
- Centers for Disease Control
- SunTrust Bank
- The Coca Cola Company
- The Home Depot
- Department of Interior
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Flirting Time
- Fulton County Government
- Georgia Pacific
- Georgia State University
- Hewitt Associated, now Aon
- International Career Business Forum
- Shell Oil Company
- Sheriff’s Department
- Spelman College
- Sharp Electronics
- Russell Athletic Association
- Job Corps
- Kennesaw State University
- Linkage Conference
- Life University
- McBride Research Laboratories
- National Black MBA Association
- National Park Service Job Corps Division
- National Public Administrators Conference
- National Student Leadership Conference
- Quest Diagnostics
- Harbin Clinic
2023 Coaching Program
In this program, I talk about being high maintenance, which is about doing more and going beyond. Once I started speaking, I made sure I kept learning and placed myself in the path of as many people as I could to ask for help and ask how I might be of service.
Zig Ziglar said it best, “You can have whatever you want if you help enough other people get what they want.” I believe in this statement. I went around smiling, learning, sharing, and growing. I kept building my board of directors, and I met some amazing people along the way. I am so blessed that a little book with 12 simple lessons has been shared with so many and helped so many people, including me, to step out of their comfort zone.
To achieve the most we want, we all need help. Let me help you be your best self.
About Dr. Cherry
Her life experiences combined with her formal education and training continue to fuel her passion for inspiring, motivating and teaching individuals, teams and organizations to resolve conflict, manage and champion diversity, foster collaboration and achieve high performance.